Maker Pro
Maker Pro

arduino ide probs

rishabh

Mar 31, 2015
Hello friends thank you for giving me your precious time actually recently I got my computer formated and after formatting computer my ide is not working properly it is not able to even verify few example programs earlier it was working properly

this is error code of program which is coming when uploading blink program
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM1": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show

Frenoy Osburn

Nov 20, 2014
Seems like the port you've selected "COM1" doesn't exist. Is there any port listed under Tools->Serial Port in the IDE? If there is one, then try using that.

If that doesn't work then, can you view if the arduino board has enumerated as a COM port? You can do this by visiting device manager (Windows) and looking under the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section.

You haven't mentioned which board you are using, but most of the earlier Arduino's used a FTDI chip to handle USB communication and if that's the case you should try installing the latest FTDI drivers.

Here's a link
http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

rishabh

Mar 31, 2015
Friend I am using arduino uno r3 (clone).when I went to ide to change port option was not available. my ide version is 1.6.4 . and friend please tell me if this problem is because I am using a clone. and there is comp three in my system
upload_2015-5-2_6-59-43.png

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
I believe the problem is with your computer, not the Arduino board.
What version of Windows are you using?
I am using 1.6.3 on Windows7. The "Port" is not greyed out when I open the ide without a board connected. There are two options listed in the drop down list when I select "Port".

Disconnect the board and open up "Device Manager" on your computer.
Scroll down to "Ports (COM & LPT)" and click on the arrow.
What ports are listed?
Do any of the listed ports have a yellow ! icon?

Below is a screen print of ide without a board connected and Device Manager showing ports on my computer. Note the yellow ! icon in Network adapters.

Attachments

• IDE.jpg
    IDE.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 176

rishabh

Mar 31, 2015
i am using 1.6.4 and 1.6.3 and that in windows 8 .actually earlier before I had formatted the windows (windows 8)my ide worked properly
but now in same kind of windows it is not work I am thinking if there is any requirement java app or any other program for running the ide properly or there is a problem in windows.