Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Arduino Due

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
What are you guys thoughts on this board? I am thinking of getting one and want to know if it's worth the money. I found one for just shy of $30.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Seems like Arduino are getting on the bandwagon of the "Arduino compatible" devices running on something other than Atmel microcontrollers.

It's a good thing.

But beware of the 3.3 volt limitation as it might bite you if you interface it with something designed for a regular arduino.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Seems like Arduino are getting on the bandwagon of the "Arduino compatible" devices running on something other than Atmel microcontrollers.

It's a good thing.

But beware of the 3.3 volt limitation as it might bite you if you interface it with something designed for a regular arduino.
There are an odd number of Arduino compatible 3.3V devices out there... just need to remember what's what and make sure you convert your logic to compensate.
Good call on that Steve. I've got a 3.3V Adafruit Trinket that I program with the Arduino IDE

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014

It's a good thing.

3.3v? I'll stick with my UNO and Mega...oh how could I for get the teency Nano?!!!

JoeM

Sep 5, 2014
Some of those 3.3v boards also have a 5v regulator on them. You can't drive a 5v device directly, but you can use your 3.3v to drive a transistor to power 5v devices. I agree, don't mess with 3.3v boards unless you have to, there is too much more to think about when interfacing it.