Connect with us

arbitrary function generator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by samjesse, Apr 25, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. samjesse

samjesse

Jan 19, 2010
    Hello

I need a signal generator (tooth, square, sin) and be able to vary frequency from 1Hz to 1MHz for all 3 types with an option to rectify the signal so that only DC (>0v) is produced.
    For the square wave "at least", I need to be able to adjust the duty cycle and change the amplitude, n (1 to 1000) times a second. i.e. superimpose one duty cycle over another with amplitude control.
    The input will be 12v DC.

My preemptively built square wave generator with 555 failed yesterday. Would this do the job?

And if so; The first paragraph before "Circuit Modification" says
    "Not shown in the circuit diagram is a 22n capacitor between the +5v supply rails of each individual IC." Does that mean I need to put a 22n capacitor where the numbers 16, 16 and 24 right above CD4046, CD4040 and D2732D chips?

Can I get my square wave from pin 4 on the CD4046?
    What would be a user friendly EPROM programmer to get?

Thanks a lot

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well that circuit, tho a nice little generator, doesnt meet any of the the specs you stated in your first comments

chances are you are going to have to go to a commercial function generator

Dave

3. samjesse

samjesse

Jan 19, 2010
    Any recommendation that would not cost arm & leg? :)

thx

Ask a Question