Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Apples 30 pin connector mod

Hexhack

Oct 7, 2010
Hi
I just got a pair of Blackbox i10 iPod/iPhone Noise cancelling Earphones, they r great but they have a 30 pin dock connector that powers them and supplies the audio. Is there any way of making a cable to connect it 30 pin connector to my MBP?
I was thinking i could power them via usb and rout the audio from the MBP audio jack. would this work?

Hexhack

Oct 7, 2010
What about this?

"CableJive Universal Dock Converter"

But with a male usb, could some one advise me if the ipod uses the same pins to charge as it does to power other things such as my headphones or an iTrip.

Could i just get the converter a male to male usb cord and a male to male 3.5 audio jack and b set? i think that sounds to simple.

Hexhack

Oct 7, 2010
So it is looking like the ipod puts out 3.3v to charge things so i will need some way of stepping down the voltage from 5v (usb) to the ipods 3.3v. Any simple ways?

Hexhack

Oct 7, 2010
So just found out that the SD card slot on my MBP runs at 2.7-3.6, any way of patching a cable to a SD card to steal its power and send it to the headphones?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
So it is looking like the ipod puts out 3.3v to charge things so i will need some way of stepping down the voltage from 5v (usb) to the ipods 3.3v. Any simple ways?

iPods charge from 5V (USB). I think they can also charge from firewire (12V)

Hexhack

Oct 7, 2010
Yar that is correct they do charge with 5v but they put out 3.3v for the things they charge such as iTrips and that is what i am trying to emulate with my MBP. My SD card slot puts out 2.7- 3.6 witch i am thinking about tapping in to if that is possible?

Hexhack

Oct 7, 2010
Ok so this is what i am thinking if i get a "SD CARD READER EXTEND CABLE" splice it up and find the power cords run them to a female ipod dock to supply power (the other end of the SD cable will be in my computer). Then run a separate cord that runs from the computers 3.5 audio jack also to the female dock and hay presto mission complete!!!!!

Will this work????