Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Apex LCD TV LT-3203 REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM

benkin

Mar 29, 2010
Hello.
I have a big problem with my LT-3203 LCD TV from APEX. I have this TV for a few years, and now, the remote control starts to make strange problems. sometimes it works, sometimes not. If i get colser to the TV , it will open it, and then i can get far from it and it still wroks. BUT, sometimes if i try to turn on or off, or if i will try to play with the volume or any other key, it won't work.Only when i get colser again to the TV.

>>>>I tried to replace the batteries, did not help.<<<<

>>>>I tried to replace the remote with an original one, did not help.<<<<

It seems to be something with the IR receiver in the TV. Isn't it??

Can you tell me how can I check it, and can I fix it? I am a veru good handyman, so if there is anyway to open the TV and fix it, pls let me know.

Thank you very much.....
Roee

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Have you installed fluorescent lighting (i.e. "energy saver", compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs) in the room your TV is in? Does it work with the lights off, but not when they're on?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The "flicker" from florescent light bulbs can sometimes interfere with signals from remotes.

You really need to observe some type of pattern. If it's not the lighting, is it related to how long the TV has been turned on? Or perhaps what other equipment is turned on?

Without some sort of pattern, finding intermittent faults can be a real bitch.

jerryg50

Apr 18, 2010
Hello.
I have a big problem with my LT-3203 LCD TV from APEX. I have this TV for a few years, and now, the remote control starts to make strange problems. sometimes it works, sometimes not. If i get colser to the TV , it will open it, and then i can get far from it and it still wroks. BUT, sometimes if i try to turn on or off, or if i will try to play with the volume or any other key, it won't work.Only when i get colser again to the TV.

>>>>I tried to replace the batteries, did not help.<<<<

>>>>I tried to replace the remote with an original one, did not help.<<<<

It seems to be something with the IR receiver in the TV. Isn't it??

Can you tell me how can I check it, and can I fix it? I am a veru good handyman, so if there is anyway to open the TV and fix it, pls let me know.

Thank you very much.....
Roee

In TV sets I've seen some common causes of remotes working weak, and or not functioning properly:

• The room has some CFL lighting, which can cause interference with IR remotes.
  • The remote receiver module in the set has become defective, and requires to be serviced or replaced.
  • There is a circuit failure between the TV's remote receiver module and the uPC circuit.
  • Inside the remote, the IR diode, or the drive circuit may be failing. (Because you mentioned you tried another remote, you can rule this one out).

CFL lighting uses a switching power supply. Very commonly these supplies work in the range of 35 kHz to 45 kHz. The remote control data carrier is usually in the 40 kHz area. If the CFL power supply and the light radiation emission is strong enough, it can radiate its interference carrier. I have seen CFL lighting cause random functions on TV sets using IR remote control. On many of the CFL packaging they indicate that this type of light can cause interference with TV remote control functions.

Jerry G.