Connect with us

Anyone use this rework station?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by chopnhack, Oct 14, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. chopnhack

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
  2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    I made some tips for my Craftsman heat gun to concentrate the hot air into a small but high-velocity stream. A variable air-flow rate, as this cloned Hakko tool has, would be preferable so the parts don't get blown away. This thing looks adequate for the job, but I have no experience using it.

Hakko has a decent reputation for selling serviceable but inexpensive soldering tools. Who knows about this GAOYUE Chinese knock-off? The oversized pencil-grip is a plus I think. My Craftsman heat gun with its pistol grip is more suitable for shrinking tubing around wires than fine SMD un-soldering.

Let's see if someone chimes in with some real experience using the product you found.

chopnhack likes this.
  3. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    I 'm using this Saike 8858 digital hot air blower.
    Very pleased with it for SMD and shrink tubing.
    I paid 52$ on Ebay about 2 years ago.

The one you posted looks similar but "all analog control". the price is very good.
    Don't know the build quality,probably worth the "risk".
    There are many Chinese sticker names for similar products "all-analog" ,"all digital",and "half-halfs".

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    chopnhack and hevans1944 like this.
  4. Supercap2F

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
    This is pretty much the one I have http://www.ebay.com/itm/858D-SMD-Ho...740874?hash=item3f4cf0104a:g:tRwAAOSwNSxVWYPA. Looks like the one you found but a different color.

It works really well for the price. Heats up quick, and gets the job done. I've never tested how accurate the temperature is but I'm sure it's just about bang on. The nozzles are kinda annoying cause it's just a friction fit, and they feel pretty cheap. The actual gun part thing fit's pretty good in the hand though, so no problem there.

Bottom line: I would totally recommend it for the price.

chopnhack, hevans1944 and Arouse1973 like this.
  5. chopnhack

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
    Hey Dan! - Cool, thanks for the input. I noticed that the link you included had a spanner tool, upon close inspection, the nozzle of the gun seems to have segmented sections that are removed so that those little protrusions at the bottom of the nozzles can be pushed into the recesses and turned to lock the nozzles in place - something to keep in mind when looking for one of these types of stations as the cheaper one I found doesn't seem to have that option.

6. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Try this link. Cheaper, and you get four nozzles instead of three. Otherwise appears to be identical.

chopnhack likes this.
  7. chopnhack

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
    I found that one yesterday as well and bid on it. Lowest he will go is $35 plus $6.99 shipping. Nice thing is that there is an extra heating element and it ships from California.

hevans1944 likes this.
Ask a Question