Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Anyone know what type of resistor this is?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
What's jumping the gun got to do about a colour on a resistor. It looks red to me, but sure it could be brown. That's like saying lets wait to see what colour everyone else thinks it is before saying anything.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
"Jumping the gun" may not be quite the right sentiment, but we do seem to be getting a few of these questions at the moment where the colours are not immediately obvious.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
I am figuring upon its "half resistance" as being 10 ohms.

In your initial photo . . .it " Photographed" like a 2 watt unit . . . but the later measurements, comparatively being related to a ruler, reveal a smaller wattage rated unit and possibly of carbon film . . . if intended as being a protective "fusible resistor" .

NOW . . . pray tell us . . .what is the brand and model as that will then decline our potential candidates down to only one thousand and 'lebenteen units !

Last edited:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
"Jumping the gun" may not be quite the right sentiment, but we do seem to be getting a few of these questions at the moment where the colours are not immediately obvious.

Agreed. I can only say what colour I think it is. I am not going to wait for everyone else if I want to answer the post. I will in future ask the OP to say what the colours are.

Thanks
Adam

Teddywinters

Apr 9, 2018
Thanks for all your inputs guys really appreciate it,I have decided now to buy a replacement unit

And on the question of what colour The band is?..I asked several people and most said red

But to me it’s a browny/red colour :(

Thanks again
Teddy winters

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir teddywinters . . . .
For a final confirmation, why don' t you use my suggested procedure , and I believe that you are going to find that you can read half of the units intact resistance .