Connect with us

Anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ManicMumma, Feb 10, 2022.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ManicMumma

ManicMumma

Feb 10, 2022
    No idea what this is I'm guessing it's like a fitness tracker thing but it's huge. It has distance, speed, time, calorie and scan. The mode button puts an arrow on all but speed. Runs on 1 AA battery

2. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello,

Is there a picture to see?
    Post a picture with a size of max 300 kB.

Bertus

3. ManicMumma

ManicMumma

Feb 10, 2022
    Photos

Attached Files:

4. ManicMumma

ManicMumma

Feb 10, 2022
    Sorry was trying to n wouldn't so kept trying lol. Up now thankyou. Its ROHS

5. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello,

It looks like a speedometer for a bike.
    The cord you are holding connects likely to a speed sensor.

Bertus

ManicMumma likes this.
  6. ManicMumma

ManicMumma

Feb 10, 2022
    Thanks berths. I've no idea. Will consider any possibility. Was just thinking it looks like a connector for a treadmill

7. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
  8. TCSC47

TCSC47

Mar 7, 2016
    It certainly looks very similar to bertus' exercise bike reference. I've got one very like it on my step exerciser but the fact that the device shown here logs distance rather than steps as mine does, probably says it is not a step exerciser.

How I think it works. Work done (energy in calories in this case) is F x d (force x distance) so the device counts an impulse from the pedal of the exercise bike or the mat of the tread mill that tells the device what distance has been covered. The exercise bike will have a built in friction that will be the force that has to be overcome, or the treadmill will have an incline having the same effect. The device presumably knows somehow what the friction force is so can easily work out energy used.
    The device clearly has a timer, hence the time display and the speed display. The display does not seem to indicate power output but that would be an easy thing to compute (Power = energy / time ) and would make it much more interesting. Could I power a light bulb or an electric kettle?
    (Hint --- It will just be a light bulb! Only Olympic sprinters can top a Kilowatt!. The rest of us are down in the 100Watts or so.)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    bertus likes this.
  9. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Alibaba sell them.
    It’s for an exercise bike and or gym equipment.

Martin

Attached Files:

10. TCSC47

TCSC47

Mar 7, 2016
    What are you going to do with it? There appears to be only a two wire connection. Put a push button across the wires and see if you can get it to count up.

Ask a Question