Connect with us

Anyone know this fuse rating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by mikey5791, Mar 27, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mikey5791

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi to all,

Recently I came across to repair a stalled Pensonic brand tower fan Model:pTW-201RI.
    The fault seem to be inside the motor label as YSY series Fan motor (input 60W,
    insulate grade 120,Frequency 50Hz,speed 1050+-80r/min). I also noticed a paper sticker
    outside the fan motor as" DF-AT0310F AC230V".

After drilling away the fan motor screws, from my image 1550 exposing the inner part,
    I use DMM diode test and found the thermal fuse is open (refer image 1552,1555 &1556).
    The only wording on the thermal fuse is "WOLIDA". If anyone know what is the ampere rating.
    of this type of fuse, please kindly inform as I need to replace it.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. KTW

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
    I believe WOLIDA is the heat shrink.
    You would have to remove it to identify the fuse.

3. mikey5791

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
  4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Be aware that the thermal fuse blew for a reason, and it might be time to just replace that fan.

5. mikey5791

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi,

Changed the motor thermal fuse to a 10A 144C (image 1569)as I am unable to get a 2A 135C type, then I power on fan, but sadly the fan motor still not spinning. Tested other component, there seems to be no burning mark or short anywhere, main fuse is still ok, not shorted. The panel itself show full power,
    remote control works, the oscillating swing function works but the main
    fan motor not working.
    Not sure how to test Anion generator (image 1513).

I saw earlier on from the power board there is a white,yellow,blue,red wire connect to a 1.5UF square cap, then to a black wire (is this ground?)
    How do I jump wire to test if the motor is working order?

Hope someone familiar with fan wiring/power supply able to shed some advice.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. KTW

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
    If you can get at the red and black leads (out of circuit) to the fan you can check the motor with an ohm meter.

7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    NEVER, I repeat, NEVER replace a lower rated fuse with a higher rated fuse specially one that is substantially higher rated as in your case
    That is a recipe for disaster and letting the "magic smoke" out of a circuit

Dave

8. mikey5791

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi KTW,

Are you saying to measure continuity between red and black leads to the fan
    in order to check the motor is in working condition. Since the red and black leads are soldered to the board, this mean I have to desolder both the two leads out
    of board circuit ?

Hi Davenn,

Noted your warning "NEVER replace a lower rated fuse with a higher rated fuse". I will source a replacement of 2A 135C fuse.

Thanks both for the advice.

9. KTW

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
    Roger that.

Ask a Question