Maker Pro
Maker Pro

anyone know any good keyboard controllers?

super7800

Jan 2, 2019
does anyone know of any good keyboard controllers? i'm currently trying to make my own high end gaming keyboard. not to save money, but because nobody makes what i want.

i need it to be able to control 32 individual keys minimum(its not full size, more of a gamepad), and have extremely low latency. i dont need any fancy features like rgb. just extremely fast, reliable, anti ghosting controller. i was looking here
https://www.digikey.com/products/en...pplication-specific/769?k=keyboard controller
for a good controller, but really did not know what to look for, as i've never built a keyboard before. i could have spent untold hours looking, but i figured id ask here first.

to sum it up: anyone recommend a fast, reliable "gaming grade" keyboard controller?

thanks.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Mame cabinet (and similar) builders are using Rasberry Pi as the main unit and usb type keyboard/button switch encoders these days.
Simple as........

Bit of an idea which way to go look here.....much better than taking a stab in the dark and ending up spending money on something you can't use.

Heaps of other stuff out there as well....

super7800

Jan 2, 2019
i have looked previously at solutions like this, but not this one in particular. the chip used in the video is a at90usb162 found here: https://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/AT90USB162 . however, i wanted to go with a more purpose built embedded micro, with on-board features such as advanced anti ghosting and better signal processing. i worry about any latency this chip might produce. i need to get the latency sub 20 milliseconds. using this chip is a definate option, but i would prefer something better. does anyone know what latency can be expected? ive looked online but am yet to find anything conclusive.

does anyone know what micro the steelseries M800 keyboard utilizes?

thanks!