Connect with us

Anyone has schematic of ANY printer with USB port ?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Externet, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    Hi.
    If you have a schematic of ANY printer with USB port; can you please check if 5V is provided at its jack ?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't have a schematic, but I think it is unlikely that 5 V are present at the printer's USB port as the printer is a USB device. Only USB hosts provide power to USN devices, not vice versa.

Power on a USB port will be available if the printer has a USB port to handke e.g. USB sticks to print directly from stick etc. In that case the printer is the host.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    davenn likes this.
  3. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
  4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    The list of known compatible printers is surprisingly (?) rather small.

Follow your link, goto page 2 and look under "Power": a separate power adapter is required (and should be supplied with the USB dongle). That's where it gets power from, not from the USB port.

davenn likes this.
  5. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    Thanks. Missed that on the linked page. Previously I looked at another information page about the gadget. Found two more brands for the same application, also belly up, unobtanium.
    I believed a plain wifi dongle fed with 5V at the printer port should do the bridging...

Ask a Question