Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Anybody know what 'XMS' prefix designates for metal dowel pins?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I have a large number of metal dowell pins. Mostly designated XMS16555-xx and XMS9105-xx.
Has anybody seen this designation used before? I want to know what grade of steel or alloy these
dowel pins are made of, and Google isn't helping. Thanks
Follow-on update: The 16555 designation is for a military specification strippable coating compound to prevent corrosion on the steel dowel pins. I still can't find a reference to dowel pin composition if anybody knows anything helpful.
2nd Follow-On update: The 9105 references Military Standard MS9105 concerning lock pins, the Standard specifies AMS 5688, corrosion-resistand steel. The AMS5688 specifies alloy composition, which is primarily Chromium and Nickel in the iron alloy.

So I've got the information I want concerning this question. I try to include answers to my questions when I find them, because a lot of our posts from Electronics Point wind-up in the Google search engine. I've run across old posts from Electronics Point repeatedly when Googleing, and it's nice to have the answers if somebody else looks for this type of information in the future. I assume the 'XMS'' is probably a manufacturer.

Last edited: