Connect with us

Anybody know what this circuit part is and what it does?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Jakebeck15, Jun 24, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jakebeck15

Jakebeck15

Jun 24, 2010
    I have an iPod touch, and I dropped it and the screen cracked. I thought i'd repair it myself by buying a new screen and replacing it. When opening the front of the iPod, a little gold piece shot out and I cant find it. I was curious it was a circuit piece, so I compared my iPod circuit board with images on the internet of opened iPods, and it is indeed a circuit piece.

[​IMG]#

Anybody know what it is? And what would happen if I put it back together without it and how to replace it?

2. LTX71CM

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
    A close up picture will be helpful to verify my guess. My guess is that the gold piece belonged to the "Home" button. When I took apart a relatives iPhone the only part I noticed that matches your description was a gold contact for that button. Your home button will not work without it.

3. florinanghel

florinanghel

Jun 14, 2010
    Yeah, from what I see, LTX71CM is right. It's a contact for the Home button. Just look for it, you'll find it.

P.S. Use a magnet to find it faster, it will stick to it. That's what I do when I lose small metal parts.

4. Jakebeck15

Jakebeck15

Jun 24, 2010
    Okay, thank you for replying =) do you know where I can get a new one, and how to put it back on? It is just a silver plate with a small circle in the middle and there is obvious way of fixing a new one on. Ty

Ask a Question