Connect with us

Any Ideas to get the image without noise

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ashok S, Nov 9, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ashok S

Ashok S

Feb 19, 2013
    Hi everyone,

Well im planning to do a project on automated water meter reading system. Where a camera will be fitted to the meter and captures the image to process and get the readings. Now when i fit the camera and capture the image , the image is with the noise due to shadows. Is there are any good ideas in order to detect the region of the numbers without the noise. I'll post the captured image for the reference and any ideas would be a great help. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Ashok S

Ashok S

Feb 19, 2013
    Is there any way to capture only the meter reading region?? Is there any kind of hardware to be added to achieve this?

3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    I guess the obvious way to eliminate shadows is to include one or more sources of illumination - for example, some white LEDs. They would only need to be enabled while the camera is actually taking a picture.

To capture a smaller area, you could bring the camera closer to the display or use a lens. But you need to make sure that the display is still within the allowable distance for the camera otherwise the camera will not be able to focus on it.

These seem like simple questions with obvious answers. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Ask a Question