Connect with us

Another Subaru clock question

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Graphite, Feb 21, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Graphite

Graphite

Jan 24, 2012
    Further on to my thread on repairing my Subaru clock I thought you guys might know whether it is possible to easily delete a character from the display...

[​IMG]

My electronics have been changed to allow the fuel measurement to display in miles per litre - more useful to me than kilometers per litre ( just have to multiply by 4.5 :rolleyes:) - but the display still shows 'km/L' - I could get a black marker pen or a small piece of card/foil I suppose to cover the 'k' and leave it as 'm/L' but is there a neater way?

Thanks

Mick :D

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Almost certainly the k and m are part of the same "segment" and cannot be illuminated seperately.

Why not l/100km? Probably much harder to hack into your device though.

3. Graphite

Graphite

Jan 24, 2012
    The display shows by cycling through the options:

Outside temperature
    Instant fuel economy m/L
    Average fuel economy A (since tripmeter A reset)
    Average fuel economy B (since tripmeter B reset)
    Estimated distance to empty tank
    Elapsed time of journey

Some of the guys on one of the enthusiast forums are trying to figure out a way to make it show turbo boost pressure instead of one of the other values via the OBD2 info :D

Ask a Question