Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Android Mirror on PC Using MicroController

Qasim Ahtesham

Jan 21, 2015
HI All,
I want to mirror my android screen on my pc scree. Whether I use any service on my android or play some video, I want the mirror of my android to b displayed on PC screen.

PLEASE BE NOTED THAT I HAVE TO USE MICRO-CONTROLLER FOR THIS PURPOSE.

What is the best possible way?

Thank you.

Qasim

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Does your PC monitor have an HDMI input? Do you have a WIFI router? If the answer to these questions is yes, get an Amazon FireStick and you will have everything you need! I use this setup to mirror my tablet display on my TV, and it works beautifully.

Edit: Trying to DIY, not as likely.

Bob

Qasim Ahtesham

Jan 21, 2015
Dear Bob,
Thanks for your response. But, I need to make it all by myself.. I want to understand its logic.

Thanks.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
What experience do you have? I have been doing electronics for 47 years and would not even think of trying to build that.

Edit: You would be using a lot more than a microcontroller. A microcontroller cannot handle data at anywhere near that rate.

Bob

Qasim Ahtesham

Jan 21, 2015
Oh Sir,
Pleasure to meet an experienced person like you. I am electronics engineer, graduated recently. Your are right, a microcontroller might just be difficult to use. I am thinking about it, just have a rough sketch in my mind. I will share the block diagram with you in few hours.

Thank you.

Qasim

Qasim Ahtesham

Jan 21, 2015
Hello Mr. Bob,
This a rough sketch I have in my mind. Have a look..

Attachments

• android mirror to pc -v1.1.png
    android mirror to pc -v1.1.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 118

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
How is the data to be sent from the Android device to your adapter?

Bob

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
If you want to do this wirelessly, a simple microcontroller won't work. You would need a small computer or SoC to process the display information...
You can also look at an FPGA if you want to plug the Android device in using micro HDMI.

...although, if you end result is on a 'PC' like you post says, and not some other custom embedded device then you should really just use the PC to do what you want and learn about this through software instead.

Hardware solutions will make your mind spin.. there are lots of HDMI standards which are loosely followed if you want to go that route. If you want to go wireless... you will first need to make or find an Android app capable of transmitting the screen to a network device... you will then need to receive these network packets, decode them, and send them out again as some other form of display data... This is a huge project... Especially if you plan to reverse engineer or create a network protocol to handle this.

Qasim Ahtesham

Jan 21, 2015
Thank you all very much. Unfortunately, the project has been halted for few weeks. I will get back soon.

Thank you again!