Connect with us

AND and NAND chips

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by HellasTechn, May 11, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    Does anyone know the commercial names for AND and NAND chips ?

Example. I know that the 74LS86 is a XOR chip...

What would be the code for AND chip and for NAND chip ?

Or maybe there is one chip that has both ?

Thank you !!!

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Wikipedia do a list of TTL chips.

3. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Is it correct? :p

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    I do not know if the list is correct. It seems to be the same list as gorgon linked to.
    Data links are given for each chip to check, only 200 to go.

I tend to use CMOS as it uses less power and is less fussy about power supplies.

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Any chip with more than one NAND gate can be wired up as an AND gate.

Simply wire up another of the NAND gates as an inverter and invert the output.

6. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    As Steve says, the four basic gates can be converted from one type to another by inverting the input(s) and/or output. Google "De Morgan" for more information.

I'm not aware of any gate IC that explicitly has two or more different types of gates in it, either in the 74xx series or the 4xxx series. There are some that do, but only because they perform specific functions like data selectors or multiplexers.

If you're worried about space or efficiency, you can get single-gate ICs in 4-pin or 5-pin packages. These are also handy for level conversion and buffering of single signals, and simple circuits where only one or two gates are needed.

Ask a Question