Connect with us

analogue (pots) to digital (ethernet)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by rnbguy, Oct 22, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. rnbguy

rnbguy

Jun 6, 2011
    hi all I'm trying to design a very cost effective method to acheive this topology:

DSL Modem---->(analogue line)----my converter(CO)---->network switch

So basically an analogue signal comming in from a modem can be converted by my converter enough to just be understood by a digital device such as a network switch.

Does anyone know where i can start to look to be able to compose something like this ?

2. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
  3. rnbguy

rnbguy

Jun 6, 2011
    thanks for the reply, i'm actually looking at having a device act as though putting two adsl modems back to back but without the need for a second modem (due to space, cost and other contraints).

So the pots analogue signal comming from the modems ADSL port would go into this converter I am created then be convertd to digital "ethernet".

I've had a look at a few items I'd need to build this such as a adsl transformed and and ac7 adsl chipset, but just not sure how to put it all together or if someone has already done this?

Ask a Question