Connect with us

Analogue Oscilloscope Problem?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by RetroGamerVX, May 24, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. RetroGamerVX

RetroGamerVX

May 24, 2012
    Hi all,

I'm really in the early stages of learning electronics and have had a Farnell 60mhz DTV60 scope donated to me, which is very nice and obviously, very useful.

One problem it seems to be having, is that as it runs, I am having to turn up the intensity control more and more to the point where it's almost on full to be able to read it after about half an hour and ten minutes later, practically unreadable.

I am not making any readings as I have no probes, this is just on idle.

Once it's cooled down again, there is no problem with the instrument.

Do you have any suggestions as to a possible remedy or is this something I am just going to have to put up with :eek:(

regards

Steve

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    sounds like there is a bad component or two in there, most likely something in the power supply

Possibly a cap somewhere.

Be very careful if you open it up, and if you do open it up look for capacitors that have bulged tops

That would be my first approach to it

3. RetroGamerVX

RetroGamerVX

May 24, 2012

Thanks Green, I did have an initial look inside when I got it as I had to take the handle off, but I shall go back inside either today or tomorrow and have a closer look :eek:)

Ask a Question