Connect with us

Analog shot timer?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jdchazen, Mar 10, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jdchazen

jdchazen

Mar 10, 2013
    Hello all, first time posting here. I'm looking to build an analog shot timer like the one in this link: http://www.addoway.com/viewad/Vinta...on-Timer-and-Accessories-In-Case-1963-2164667

Or something similar. The simplest I could do with would be a start/reset switch that when released would turn on a light and start the clock and a mic of sorts that would stop the clock at the sound of a concussion or shot.

Does anyone know of a schematic I can follow or can someone come up with one?

Thanks,
    Jared

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    I don't know if an analog clock would be best, fast draw nowadays as times are measured in 1000ths of second, even an newbie can do it in under 2 seconds with a little practice... Any competitor is well under half a second, with most pros all clocking in at about a quarter second...

If you goal is just for looks that is another thing...

3. jdchazen

jdchazen

Mar 10, 2013
    It is basically for show only. Not competition. I've been clocked and know my average, but I wanted something just for demonstration purposes. Analog clocks look nice and all. But I wouldn't be opposed to a large digital readout either.

Ask a Question