Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Analog RCA to udoo CSI connector

ciberkids

Aug 20, 2015
Hi to all,
I'm new of this forum and i'm writing for getting help with my idea..

I'll try to be as short and precise as possible.
I have an UDOO Quad version. This board has several connection on the pcb. One of these is a CSI connector that has the possibility to connect a camera module that they sell.
--->link<----
(the link isn't the link to the store but only the link to the datasheet)
My idea is use this connector and data format for connecting an analog source (i.e. analog camera) that has a RCA connection.
I know that is necessary to convert the analog source into a digital with an ADC but my knowledge about integrate circuits isn't so deep ...

afterwards once i have the digital signal i need to translate the data to fit the comunication protocol that the udoo board expects.. I'm suspecting that protocol is CSI or MIPI.

so i'm asking your help...

could you show me a way to achieve and realize my idea?

thanks a lot for your time
I will really appreciate some indications

ciberkids

Aug 20, 2015
Hi to all,

i saw that a lot of people has read my message.
I have discovered the solution, maybe...

this two chip could achieve my goal.

this LINK is a video decoder that converts NTSC or PAL composite video signals to 8-bit or 10-bit YCbCr component video compliant with the ITU-R BT.656 standard.

And this LINK
The Toshiba TC358746 camera bridge incorporates a Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) Camera Serial Interface Type 2 (CSI-2) that functions either as a CSI-2 receiver or as a CSI-2 transmitter. The TC358746 bridge can be configured to connect to a camera with a parallel interface or with a CSI-2 interface

and it support this input:
Parallel Port Interface •
Supports the following video data formats
• YUV444 (for parallel input mode only) – YUV422 8-bit — ITU BT.656 and ITU BT.601 (for parallel input mode only)

In conclusion the connector:
on the pcb of the UDOO this is the connector type:

Connector Type = CN11 ~ CAM ~ Hirose Electric-FH12 ~http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/FH12-16S-0.5SV(55

The CN11 connector looks to be exposing a two lane MIPI CSI.

So i think that this configuration can work...

What do you think about this?

I'll wait for answers