Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Analog and Digital Ground

geekygenius

Jan 21, 2013
So I just got my PT2399's in, and being a complete beginner with electronics, I was wondering if AGND and DGND could be wired to the main ground of my circuit. I'm pretty sure they're Analog and Digital ground, one for the micro controller inside, and the other for the analog stuff inside.

PT2399 data sheet:
http://sound.westhost.com/pt2399.pdf

Thanks!

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
There is TONS of guidance available on how to deal with AGND and DGND. Do some Googling!

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I was wondering if AGND and DGND could be wired to the main ground of my circuit.

That would be normal, as Kris said Google the topic there is a ton of articles covering the subject matter... Usually what you do is keep the AGND and DGND routed separate except for a single common ground location where they connect, this avoids ground loops and injection of noise into the respective grounds...

Think of it as two rivers flowing towards a common body of water, if the two rivers are not allowed to mix together upstream before the common body of water then contamination in one river will not get in the other, yet they are still the same body of water...