Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Amp Recorder

John Robinson

Jan 30, 2016
I have a Compressor fridge in my RV. I want to see how long it stays on during the day. It is 12 volt but I can plug the RV into 120 volts. What type of instrument would I use to record the amps that are used? I could then interpolate that information to see how long it runs.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi John

recording the current flowing ( which is an instantaneous thing) wont tell you how long the unit has been on for

it could be done with voltage or current indirectly and using a datalogger to a laptop etc ... that would work

D

John Robinson

Jan 30, 2016
hi John

recording the current flowing ( which is an instantaneous thing) wont tell you how long the unit has been on for

it could be done with voltage or current indirectly and using a datalogger to a laptop etc ... that would work

D
D, thanks. I was thinking if I recorded the total amps used over a period of time and I know the amount of amps the frig draws I could calculate the time the unit was running.

John Robinson

Jan 30, 2016
hi John

D
D: I think this unit would work. What do you think?
P3 P4400 Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor