Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Amp keeps going into protection mode

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
It should be protected against output over current(or short).
That should happen by the amp going into protection without any fuse blowing.

Rick79

Nov 26, 2014
It should be protected against output over current(or short).
That should happen by the amp going into protection without any fuse blowing.

OK. Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it. I have another amp that is stuck in protection mode. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that one out on my own lol

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
You are welcome.

Good luck with the other amp.
If you would need help with it ,we are here.

Rick79

Nov 26, 2014

Sir Rick 79. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Referring between the bottom schematic and photo which I have now placed down at the very bottom:

On the schematic at left center you are seeing the dedicated T1 small power transformer used for the circuitry
which you have been working with. It is then fused and passes to 4 low power diodes, and would be about the
size of the ones which you have been working with, as 1N4148's. But they changed their minds on the design and upgraded to a 1N4XXXX series of "beefier" ones.
You see them being placed side by side just to the side of the the clip in fuse, if you look at the photo.
Their storage reservoir capacitor is that C210 on the schematic and is the larger grey vinyl wrapped capacitor to the end of the diodes, and apparently seems to be assigned a C4 board designation.

Now the maximum demands on this supply, from this boards components, will be the two relays coils, that cluster of BLUE LED's for your display plus a minimal pull from the other circuitry.

The schema says that cap is 100 ufd at 16 v, but confirm that first , by its labeling.

That capacitor case, suggests of a different manufacturer and is certainly LARGE for a 100 ufd a @ 16 VDC.
If it IS a 100 ufd , shunt one of your 100's across it (WATCH polarity ! )and then test for the cutoff threshold, if all of its related parts are still connected up.

We are curious if this power supply has gone "SOFT" on us.

Particularly, if you are still experiencing any sluggishness in getting the units initial power turn on.

AIkSk0U.png

img_20160522_022903-jpg.26976

73's de Edd

OK Edd, what's the last piece of the puzzle?