Connect with us

Ammeter adjustment / shunt

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by s57aw, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s57aw

s57aw

Dec 18, 2013
    Hello,

I would like to mesure reverse voltage difference from linear potenciometer with 40uA Ammeter. I get 10.70v DC from the pot and that needs to be full scale on ammeter and 9.5 v should be 0 on ammeter. I want a 40uA meter movement to indicate zero when there is 9.5v and full scale when there is 10.7v.

Source voltage to the pot is 12.05v

I need to add shunt resistor and probably some resistors / trimmer in series to get just a right value.

I am not a professional and I would be happy to get some help on this values

Regards,

Robert

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    You will need a voltage reference of 9.5V.
    The meter will need to be connected between this voltage and the voltage to be measured, in series with a resistance to add up to 65k75.

If the source voltage has a significant source resistance, the meter series resistance will need to be reduced.

You may like to put a diode across the meter to protect against excess reverse voltage.

3. s57aw

s57aw

Dec 18, 2013
    Thanks a lot ... it helped

Robert

Ask a Question