Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ammeter adjustment / shunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

s57aw

Dec 18, 2013
Hello,

I would like to mesure reverse voltage difference from linear potenciometer with 40uA Ammeter. I get 10.70v DC from the pot and that needs to be full scale on ammeter and 9.5 v should be 0 on ammeter. I want a 40uA meter movement to indicate zero when there is 9.5v and full scale when there is 10.7v.

Source voltage to the pot is 12.05v

I need to add shunt resistor and probably some resistors / trimmer in series to get just a right value.

I am not a professional and I would be happy to get some help on this values

Regards,

Robert

Last edited:

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
You will need a voltage reference of 9.5V.
The meter will need to be connected between this voltage and the voltage to be measured, in series with a resistance to add up to 65k75.

If the source voltage has a significant source resistance, the meter series resistance will need to be reduced.

You may like to put a diode across the meter to protect against excess reverse voltage.

s57aw

Dec 18, 2013
Thanks a lot ... it helped

Robert

You will need a voltage reference of 9.5V.
The meter will need to be connected between this voltage and the voltage to be measured, in series with a resistance to add up to 65k75.

If the source voltage has a significant source resistance, the meter series resistance will need to be reduced.

You may like to put a diode across the meter to protect against excess reverse voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.