Connect with us

Amateur hobbyist - circuit diagram help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Blue_fog, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Blue_fog

Blue_fog

Nov 30, 2011
    Circuit diagram - audio oscillator

Hi guys,
    I got a circuit description of an audio oscillator which goes on as follows:
    "Transistor T-1 working as a pre amplifier whose output from collector is fed to the base of T-2
    and finally its output from collector connected to the speaker. Capacitor C-1 and R-1 give a feedback current to T-1 when T-1 gets biased through switch it energizes T- 2 which completes the circuit."
    The components used in this circuit are as follows:
    T1-SILICON TRANSISTOR (NPN) [BC 547]
    T2-SILICON TRANSISTOR (PNP) [BC 558]
    C1-0.02 CERAMIC CAPACITOR
    R1-330 KILO OHM RESISTANCE
    R2-10 KILO OHM RESISTANCE
    SPEAKER-8 OHMS
    BATTERY - 3V DC

Can anyone please advise me about the circuit diagram? Please also tell me other important details about working with the above devices.
    Thanks in advance.:confused:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Post a copy of the circuit diagram if you have one. Otherwise it would be easier to start again.

3. Blue_fog

Blue_fog

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for the reply @duke37.Actually the problem is that I do not have the circuit diagram with me. Anyone may post anything which maybe of help to me in this regard.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi Blue fog
    welcome to the forums :)

ok so where did you get all the info from ? a www site that does have a diagram ?
    or is this just a collection of parts that you want to turn into an oscillator?

Audio osc ccts abound on the net, what freq range are you interested in ? and maybe we can give some suggestions :)

cheers
    Dave

5. Blue_fog

Blue_fog

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks devenn,
    I got the circuit from a friend who had misplaced the circuit diagram. Since I am making such a circuit for the first time I am clueless about the circuit diagram.

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    ok well you are going to need to the cct diag to see how to put it together
    otherwise the chances of it working are not likely

As Duke hinted it would probably be easier to start from scratch with a known working diagram :)

So as I said in my previous post....
    Audio osc ccts abound on the net, what freq range are you interested in ? and maybe we can give some suggestions :)

Dae

7. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
  8. Blue_fog

Blue_fog

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks to all who replied to this thread. Resqueline's link was really useful. My first thread on this forum, successful.

9. Blue_fog

Blue_fog

Nov 30, 2011
    The attached file is the scanned copy of the circuit diagram. Not a very decent copy though. Zoom it in and see!!!

Attached Files:

Ask a Question