Maker Pro
Maker Pro

AM receiver chip?

kyjosh

Dec 15, 2009
Does anyone still sell AM receiver chips? I'm interested in putting a radio together, but the old school crystal radio just doesn't work for me. I've tried several variants, but I just don't think there are any stations strong enough around me.

I have found a few RF amps that go before the crystal, but at the point I'm going to have a pretty large circuit. So I figured I'd just as well use an IC to simplify the whole thing- but I can't seem to find any for sell.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The last simple one I remember was the ZN414 (from memory)

kyjosh

Dec 15, 2009
That is the main one I've seen listed in some old schematics, but I can't find it. I think its been discontinued for a few years or something. I was hoping someone here was into old radios and might know of a specialty site that dealt in this sort of stuff.

If all else fails I could try the RF amp, but I don't have all of the specified resistors or caps in my collection, so that would mean buying even more stuff without knowing if it would work.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
That is the main one I've seen listed in some old schematics, but I can't find it. I think its been discontinued for a few years or something. I was hoping someone here was into old radios and might know of a specialty site that dealt in this sort of stuff.

If all else fails I could try the RF amp, but I don't have all of the specified resistors or caps in my collection, so that would mean buying even more stuff without knowing if it would work.

Hi Kyjosh,

the AN7224 is a FM and AM IF chip, as are the LA1260 and LA1266

the datasheets are available on line, I can send them if you cant find them
these chips are often found in car radios and portable radios

cheers
Dave

kyjosh

Dec 15, 2009
Hi Kyjosh,

the AN7224 is a FM and AM IF chip, as are the LA1260 and LA1266

the datasheets are available on line, I can send them if you cant find them
these chips are often found in car radios and portable radios

cheers
Dave

I can't even find any of those for sale.