Connect with us

am I mean????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by donkey, Dec 28, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    I live life saying exactly what's on my mind, except at Christmas.... below are a list of things I have done recently that makes me think I might be mean.

A male approached a coffee shop where I work, the shop was closed and they were simply cleaning up. the male said "I would like a coffee please" I responded to him "and they would like to go home that's why they put up the closed sign"

a woman went to one of our donut shops. she had a complaint that the price of donuts in her home town from the same chain store was$7.50.... I said that's going to be a long drive to get donuts for that price.......

there was a leak in the roof at work and I told a guy to put down a towel as a roller door would be coming down on it so a bucket would get squashed. he said he didn't want to come into a wet towel in the morning, I said I don't want him too either but if he did he should do it before customers arrive.....

a friend who is about 50 (not old but older than I) and works for the police force came in with a sore back, being older and with a sore back I had to give him grief. I asked him if when he joined the police if they had cars or horses still..... he was quick to respond that yes they did have horses and high speed pursuits were only 3km per hour. I asked him why the horses went so slow and he retorted that if they went any faster they would blow out the candles in the siren...... this one I put in cos its funny.

a male (I will go with granddad) and a 4 year walked into a shop. the little girl had mismatched socks, a tutu, a dora shirt that was grubby and leotards. the gentleman looked at me and grinned. he said "you can tell who dressed themselves today can't you" to which I responded "and you have done a wonderful job sir"

Arouse1973, Harald Kapp and davenn like this.
  2. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011

No, not mean... just a sense of humor, youtube jimmy car and the worlds most offensive joke, and as long as it is a joke and you're not serious, if they get upset the joke is on them...

But, so many people are sensitive, and any of them would think you're mean, glad to see the officer taking a joke :)

3. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    Sarcasm is an art. It fits well on some and not so much on others. This is because it takes great skill. To do it well is to insult someone while still having them like you. Being obnoxious does not require skill.

James Garner took it to a whole new level in his role as Jim Rockford. The writers of the show and Garner should have received the non existent "SmartAss" award. The writers for achieving the pinnacle of success in the sarcastic script and Garner for delivering those lines sooo impeccably!

I must admit that I live for those moments that I can deliver a good line! Especially for those that really deserve it. Hell! There's so damn many of them!:D

Chris

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Not mean, just insensitive.
    In the old days if one guy complained, everyone thought he was a crackpot.
    Today, if one person complains, everyone else is insensitive to that person's needs.
    And if anybody disagrees with me, consider yourself insensitive to my needs.

CDRIVE likes this.
Ask a Question