Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Alternative parts for UC3825

RHeTTRoNiCS

Mar 28, 2013
Hello Guys, any idea what would be the alternatives for SG3525 IC? Thanks.

RHeTTRoNiCS

Mar 28, 2013
Yes i know...but we have a lot of scrap boards here, just taking chances can find alternatives...save cost. :D

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Yes i know...but we have a lot of scrap boards here, just taking chances can find alternatives...save cost. :D

Huh? If you need said part to fix the board, just get the silly thing and fix the board...

RHeTTRoNiCS

Mar 28, 2013
Ok just forget that first IC...here is the 2nd one...this for sure i am getting difficulty in finding..the part number is OZ9938GN. We are only buying online from trusted site like element14. Thanks.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Ok just forget that first IC...here is the 2nd one...this for sure i am getting difficulty in finding..the part number is OZ9938GN. We are only buying online from trusted site like element14. Thanks.

How about buying from a company that has said chips vs limiting yourself to one vendor that doesn't?

I can find said chip EASILY from multiple sources...

RHeTTRoNiCS

Mar 28, 2013
Our company limits our account from specific suppliers only (for some reason)...In short we can't buy from others and need to find alternative....Looks like this topic goes to different direction already :-(

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What are the suppliers you *can* use?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It's so widely available from so many sources.

Have you contacted the manufacturer to ask when (if) this will reach end of life? And what alternate device they recommend?

That would be the best approach.

Presuming (of course) that advice from the manufacturer is acceptable to your organisation.

Are you looking for an alternative (i.e. different product, same or different manufacturer), or a second source (i.e. same product, different manufacturer)?

RHeTTRoNiCS

Mar 28, 2013
All i need is the alternative parts of this OZ9938GN that might available in our current suppliers...I tried already checking the datasheet but i failed to find alternative PWM ICs....So taking chances from you guys to help/ have better idea...I've heard some people do rewiring PWM to replace the original (if they cant find)...thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
All i need is the alternative parts of this OZ9938GN that might available in our current suppliers

Have you contacted the manufacturer to ask when (if) this will reach end of life? And what alternate device they recommend?

That would be the best approach.

Presuming (of course) that advice from the manufacturer is acceptable to your organisation.

Are you looking for an alternative (i.e. different product, same or different manufacturer), or a second source (i.e. same product, different manufacturer)?

RHeTTRoNiCS

Mar 28, 2013

-->Same product different manufacturer....

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
-->Same product different manufacturer....

OK, so a second source.

Presumably you are in the manufacturing business and you order relatively large quantities of these?

I would approach your supplier and ask them if there is a second source for this and whether they could supply it should it be required.

Another alternative is to stockpile the critical components.

Another alternative is to start redesigning now using a component with a long projected life and alternate suppliers.

I can't find even a single supplier for the 9938 device, so I can't help you much.