Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Alarm...ish Covid vaccin

vk1maison

Apr 16, 2021
I am trying to design this. Any ideas?

A new COVID-19 “fictional” vaccine will be available at the end of April 2021. The vaccine MUST BE stored between -20˚C and 10˚C. You are tasked with designing, simulating, and breadboarding a storage temperature monitoring device that will produce an alarm if the temperature exceeds the storage temperature range. It has also been requested to add a “test” feature that the user has available which verifies the operation of the device. The following components MUST BE included as a functional portion of the design, meaning that each part contributes to the functionality of the final design:

1. Must include at least two of following (they can be two of the same component):

a. LM741

b. AD712

c. Diode (any type)

d. BJT Transistor

e. MOSFET Transistor

2. NTCLE100E3101GB0 (THERMISTOR NTC 100OHM 3560K BEAD). NOTE: You will NOT actually use the component. This component can be simulated using a variety of methods. DO NOT go out and purchase the thermistor. It is not necessary!

Capture Covid.PNG

I tried, and i came up with this, but it seems that it is not right, I am not getting what i am expecting. and plus I couldnt use all the required elements. Thanks in advance.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
As bertus said, window comparator.

The directions seem to force you to use parts not strictly necessary. For example, I can see using a BJT or MOSFET, but don't know why the instructor thinks it is important to use both.

ak

vk1maison

Apr 16, 2021

The directions seem to force you to use parts not strictly necessary. For example, I can see using a BJT or MOSFET, but don't know why the instructor thinks it is important to use both.

ak
May be since I am allowed to use at least two of the given components it makes sense for him to include all of them, since the use of the rest would be optional. The instructor is probably leaving the flexibility to me to do anything, knowing that I will most likely just need some of these part and not the other ones.

Vk

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Then I misunderstood your original post. I thought "MUST BE" meant you were required to use at least one of every component on the list.

What is the purpose of L1 in your schematic?

ak

vk1maison

Apr 16, 2021
Then I misunderstood your original post. I thought "MUST BE" meant you were required to use at least one of every component on the list.

What is the purpose of L1 in your schematic?

ak
to make a snubber circuit with the diode i guess!?

vk1maison

Apr 16, 2021
Thank you Guys, I figured it out. Yes, I will use a window comparator, with the simulated thermistor circuit being used as the input. Then connect the output from the two comparator to a and gate using two transistors. Et voilà. Thank you so much to all of you.

vk1maison

Apr 16, 2021

ak
Thank you Guys, I figured it out. Yes, I will use a window comparator, with the simulated thermistor circuit being used as the input. Then connect the output from the two comparator to a and gate using two transistors. Et voilà. Thank you so much to all of you.

vk1maison

Apr 16, 2021
Hello,

Have a search for a "window comparator".

Bertus