Connect with us

Alarm clock in LED

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by RakeshJ, Nov 12, 2018.

1. RakeshJ

RakeshJ

Nov 12, 2018
    I want to design an LED alarm clock with these features:

- a light sensor to dim the LEDs when it gets dark.

- dual alarms, weekday alarm, all-days alarm

- auto DST adjustment

I don't have a background in electronics design. My background is programming (java/C/C++). I've done some hobby projects using resistors, capacitors, ICs, PCB.

What is the best way to get started on this project. I'd like to use minimum number of components to keep the total cost low.
    Suggest your ideas to make me this alarm Asap.....
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. T_wolf100

T_wolf100

Nov 13, 2018
    you may use a Microcontroller (microchip) and photoresistor.
    there are tons of info in the web about it.

3. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    I suggest that you instead make something new and/or better than what currently exists rather than reinventing the wheel. Even if this is a learning exercise, so too would that be.

Plus without a background in electronics, you are basically asking us to design it for you.

Minimum components, I don't see that as an issue as it's not likely anyone is going to suggest components you don't really need.

I would reverse engineer an existing product that comes closest to your goals and then modify it for the features it's lacking. This will probably save you dozens of (US) dollars and a few days of time, since you wrote "asap".

Ultimately I am suggesting that you are biting off more than you can chew and need several less demanding projects first.

Then you went and wrote "asap". I don't think this is a situation where asap is applicable?

4. RakeshJ

RakeshJ

Nov 12, 2018
    Ty my Problem is solve because of you @T_wolf100
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

ShowBox Mobdro VidMate

Ask a Question