Connect with us

Aiwa stereo model CX - N3200U

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Hilbertj21, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Hilbertj21

Hilbertj21

Nov 21, 2018
    Hello I’m new to this so I’m not sure where to ask this or anything
    But I have a Aiwa stereo and I took it apart to look inside and I noticed some things in it but there are little like squares and the circle on the inside turns and I was wonder what they do. I can’t upload a pic I have no clue why but I can email a pic of what I’m talking about

2. Hilbertj21

Hilbertj21

Nov 21, 2018
    Here’s a pic

Attached Files:

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    They are variable inductors (tuned circuits) used in the radio circuitry. DO NOT ADJUST THEM!

4. Hilbertj21

Hilbertj21

Nov 21, 2018
    Oh no what happens if I adjusted them? I kinda did already it’s not gonna blow up or catch fire is it

5. Ylli

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
    Won't blow up or catch fire, but the radio sound, both AM and FM depending on which you 'adjusted', may be adversely affected.

6. Hilbertj21

Hilbertj21

Nov 21, 2018
    I see the ones labeled am and fm but there is another one I messed with only slightly

7. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    It only takes 'slightly' to ruin the operation! Many of those tuned circuits are potentially known as 'critically tuned' - for a reason.

If you only adjusted one or two of them then you can fix any issues by rotating the cores SLIGHLTY in either direction to see if there is any improvement. Then leave the darned things alone!

Ask a Question