Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Aiwa FX-WX9400 Double Cassette Deck

fethiyeman

Aug 4, 2012
Hi All,
This auto reverse deck is part of full system and connected by ribbon cable to main amp.( no power lead)Now the problem, both cassette players seem to be locked up, when power is switched on the drive on both of the decks oscillate about 5mm and on one deck a solenoid trys to make and break this lasts about 10 seconds and then stops. this is repeated each time power is switched on,other than this movment it won't work.I have second 9400 with the same problem. Anyone any idears??

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Do you do equipment repairs?
Take the cover off. Is it belt driven or direct drive?

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
It's possible that a DC supply voltage is low or full of ripple.

fethiyeman

Aug 4, 2012
Hi,
I have the double decks and the main board separated from the chassis ,the decks are both belt driven

Jul 12, 2013
Same problem

Hi, i have the same problem :( has anyone found a fix yet? If I take the top off of the cassette deck and turn the large wheel with the drive belt that is attached to the motor during start up it works and will continue playing until the end if the tape.
Any ideas???

Hi All,
This auto reverse deck is part of full system and connected by ribbon cable to main amp.( no power lead)Now the problem, both cassette players seem to be locked up, when power is switched on the drive on both of the decks oscillate about 5mm and on one deck a solenoid trys to make and break this lasts about 10 seconds and then stops. this is repeated each time power is switched on,other than this movment it won't work.I have second 9400 with the same problem. Anyone any idears??

SwiftBunny

Jan 12, 2014
Hi All,
I have one of these stacks for repair. The friend plugged the ribbons in the wrong places and literally blew up a capacitor C114 100uF/10v in the main unit - be careful of this. After replacing C114, Q111 and Q112 (both 2SA935Q equiv = BC640), R122 (1R fusible) and R104 (10R SMD) the unit worked well except for the clicking from the tape deck. This was corrected by replacing the main drive belts on both decks. This can both be done without removing the decks or any parts other than the unit's cover. The new belts were 64mm diameter, 1.2mm square section from CPC-Farnell (AVBELT101). One of the pinch roller's spindles disintegrated whilst cleaning - they must be getting fragile with age now. I doubt I will find any spares but friend is happy that cassettes will play in one direction now!
Regards,
Paul (UK)

Last edited: