Connect with us

Aiwa AD-F370 cassettedeck belt repair

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Kay Baxter, Feb 22, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Kay Baxter

Kay Baxter

Feb 22, 2011
    The drive belt in my old and trusty Aiwa AD-F370 cassettedeck has sort of melted. I can get a replacement belt (if someone knows the exact length needed, please let me know! otherwise I'll have to try and measure with a piece of string), but since the old one actually sort of let go of everything it was supposed to touch I don't know how to put in the new one. That is to say, obviously I can open the deck, but there is a wheel and two capstans that the belt probably has to do something with and I don't know how to thread the belt around these. My guess would be around the wheel, then around the capstan furthest from the wheel, then the lower side of the belt over the capstan nearest the wheel. Can anyone please let me know if this guess is correct, or otherwise how to do this? Will be eternally grateful!

2. AdrianM

AdrianM

May 13, 2011
    Here is the manual for your Aiwa AD F370

Hi Baxter,
    The service manual for your deck is to be found here (you will have to register with this web site):
    http://www.hifiengine.com
    go to the section manuals and you will find the manual for your Aiwa. Good luck!
    Adrian

Ask a Question