Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Airsoft trigger circuit

Moving_Shadow

Sep 29, 2012
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is in the right place, so I apologize to the mod who has to move it if it is. Also, if posting topics related to airsoft isn't allowed, feel free to delete this thread.

I have a Classic Army M249 AEG, which uses a drum magazine to feed the bbs onto the gun, using a servo. The gun itself runs from a 10.8v 500omAh battery, and the drum magazine runs from a 9v battery. Currently the trigger on the gun isn't connected to the magazine, but I would like to connect the two, so that when I pull the trigger on the gun, the servo in the magazine winds and feeds the bbs to the gun.

The drum magazine has a button that when pressed, engages the servo, winds up a coil, and this feeds the bbs to the gun, I need to keep this button, because its required to "spool" up the coil before pulling the trigger, so I would need to press this button until the requires tension is met, then when I pull the trigger on the gun, it would fire, and keep the required tension on the coil.

I know what needs to be done, I just have no idea how to do it, so I'll leave it to the experts. I can provide any information required, or pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You want to have the trigger not only fire the gun but trip a relay that runs the magazine... Without detailed pictures or a wiring diagram we can't really advise you on how to go about hooking up this relay... Also this would likely require wired to be connected between the gun and magazine...

Moving_Shadow

Sep 29, 2012
I'll get some pictures and post them up tomorrow so that you can have a better look at the layout.

And yes, a wire between the gun and magazine is pretty obvious. I had a micro connector in mind so that magazine changes wouldn't be a problem.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
And yes, a wire between the gun and magazine is pretty obvious.

It can be avoided if there is enough room, you can use a few different methods to make the contact that doesn't involve hard wiring... But, before we get into that, it's best to see what we have to work with...

Moving_Shadow

Sep 29, 2012
It can be avoided if there is enough room, you can use a few different methods to make the contact that doesn't involve hard wiring... But, before we get into that, it's best to see what we have to work with...

Excellent! That sounds great, I'll get some pictures up tomorrow and we'll go from there, thank you for your help.

Moving_Shadow

Sep 29, 2012
Here is a picture of the internal mechanism of the drum magazine, as you can see, its very basic.

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

And this is a picture of the AEG gearbox and 10.8v battery.

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

Battery.

DSC02254.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

And here are all the components together.

DSC02257.jpg

If you need pictures of anything else, or more detailed pictures of any of the above, just let me know.

Thanks.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
How does the magazine fit in the rifle? Is there an empty space on the top of the mag and the mag slot where some components could be installed?

Moving_Shadow

Sep 29, 2012
The magazine attaches in the same way as the real steel gun, the magazine slots sideways into a mount on the underside of the gun. There is no space on top of the magazine, but there is plenty of space inside the actual magazines. I will take a picture now to show how much free space there is.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way to 'wirelessly' trigger the mag... There appears to be plenty of space in the magazine as you said, so that is good, plenty of room to do what we need... Just need to figure out if there is a place in the gun that we can possibly install a small electro-magnet... If the electro-magnet is in the gun but in close proximity to the mag, we could install a small reed switch in the mag and have that do the switching without wires...

FYI I will be slow on replies after this, gotta pack and stuff, as I will be getting on a plane and jetting off to a vacation to Florida in about 10 hours... I will still be online and try replying but of course less often from this point... I don't want you to think I just ran away and stopped helping,..

Moving_Shadow

Sep 29, 2012
If it is easier to have this thing wired, then that is fine, I'm not looking for anything overly complicated, although wireless does sound like it would be easier for magazine changes.

You've been a great help so far, enjoy your holiday, and any help you can give is much appreciated, whenever you can give it.

Thank you.