Connect with us

Airsoft battery switch

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Rawlin, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Rawlin

Rawlin

Oct 27, 2012
    Hi, first post here. Hate to open up without a proper introduction. I'm in need of some help with a very simple circuit if anyone feel like helping out.

In short, I have two batteries, one stored on the inside of the gun and one in a battery case mounted on the outside. Both connects by cables so very easy to modify. What I would like to do is to connect both batteries through a switch so when one battery runs out it would go real fast switching to the other. Would connecting both minus together and run the plus from both batteries through the switch work?

Something like this
    [​IMG]

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    That should work fine, just make sure the switch it properly rated for the load...

3. Rawlin

Rawlin

Oct 27, 2012
    Thanks for the help and quick response. Really appreciate it.

Thanks again. :)

4. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Wouldnt you be better off connecting them in parallel - that way you get the combined lifetime out of both of them (though I suspect one of the experts will probably follow with a good reason why not to do that :p )

5. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    No reason they couldn't be connected parallel, except for the lose of monitoring and estimating life... With a switch over you know are on the reserve and at 1/2 capacity...

6. Rawlin

Rawlin

Oct 27, 2012
    Yeah, the idea is to only use the second battery when needed. Thanks for all the help :)

Ask a Question