Connect with us

Air hockey table. Ac adapter issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Elderjason, May 27, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Elderjason

Elderjason

May 27, 2017
    Kids air hockey table. The scoreboard has own power supply and I lost ac adapter (6v 1.8 amp). I have another ac adapter (6v 2 amp) but the tip is too big. Can I just wire it directly?
    See pic. If I can, what wires go together?

The wire is difficult to replace so I'm hoping wiring directly will work.

Many thanks in advance.

Jason

Attached Files:

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    You can wire it directly but don't make a trip hazard.
    Looks like Red is positive (+) 6vdc and black is negative.

Elderjason and davenn like this.
  3. Elderjason

Elderjason

May 27, 2017
    Thank you. I successfully wired the ac adapter to the air hockey table. It works but only for 2 days. I have tested the amps in the ac adapter and I am not getting any amps from the ac adapter. It was brand new, but I am guessing it may have went bad. Is it as simple as getting another ac adapter or is there a bigger problem here?

Thank you. Jason

4. twister

twister

Feb 12, 2012
    [QUOElderjason, post: 1733475, member: 48848"]Thank you. I successfully wired the ac adapter to the air hockey table. It works but only for 2 days. I have tested the amps in the ac adapter and I am not getting any amps from the ac adapter. It was brand new, but I am guessing it may have went bad. Is it as simple as getting another ac adapter or is there a bigger problem here?

Thank you. Jason[/QUOTE]
    Get another power supply but put a 2 amp fuse in line. If the fuse blows you will know that the game has a fault.

Michael Kiggins likes this.
  5. twister

twister

Feb 12, 2012
    Get another power supply but put a 2 amp fuse in line. If the fuse blows you will know that the game has a fault.

Tha fios agaibh likes this.
  6. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    To be clear this is a 6v DC adapter. I assume you know that checking amperage will show a result only if you have a load completing the circuit with your meter in series with it.
    In other words, if the air hockey game or anywhere in the circuit is open circuit, you will not read amperage.
    Start by reading the voltage of the adaptor and look for an internal fuse that may have popped. If you replace a fuse, verify that you still have 6vdc with the game running.

Ask a Question