Connect with us

Air circulation circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by td1, Feb 18, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. td1

td1

Feb 18, 2014
    Hi,

I have a circuit that I need help creating. I have limited electronics knowledge but I can work from circuit diagrams and solder etc.

Can any body help me with the creation of a circuit that does this:

USB power source from laptop > Air Filter > Fan to pull in air > Air to mask for breathing.

Thank you
    Tom

2. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    very simple electronics side. you need a 5volt fan.
    now filter and air mask is not something we regularly take care of but charcoal filters seem to be the best and breathing masks are found in chemists here in Australia so depending on where you are you should be able to find one in a shop or online

3. td1

td1

Feb 18, 2014
    Ok thats great. Also is there any way i could connect in to this a sensor with a light array that indicates how polluted the air is?

4. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    yeah you could..... but what are you wanting to find? and how good is your programming? there are sensors out there that detect CO2 CO and other hazardous substances. there are modules and libraries for these on the arduino and PIC controllers.
    these can also be powered via the 5volts of a USB.

5. td1

td1

Feb 18, 2014
    Thank you for this help. I have actually managed to locate someone to teach me arduino and programming bits for this at my university now! Thank you for your help. I will be sure to use this forum for future help. Cheers.

Ask a Question