Connect with us

AGU FUSE HELP

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DiodeDave, Oct 20, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. DiodeDave

DiodeDave

Dec 7, 2011
    I have a 60a agu fuse in my 24v dc train controller. After running for approximately 20 hours my engine stopped.

I was going down hill at the time of the malfunction. This was after nearly one mile of up hill travel. The motors and controller heat sink were cool.

The fuse looked fine and I packed up and returned home.

I noticed if I hit the body of the train, the power would return for a moment or two. If the power stayed on, it would shut off if I tried to run the train.

At home, the fuse looked ok, but did not have continuity. A new fuse in the holder and I'm back in business.

Is it common for a fuse of this type to go bad? Did it go bad or did it blow?

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    If it looked fine, then it could have just been vibration that separated the fusible link to the inside of the cap. Especially as you got power by knocking it!.
    Or it don't like going down hill!:)

Martin

3. DiodeDave

DiodeDave

Dec 7, 2011
    Now you have me wondering. The circuit has regenerative braking.

Was I trying to put too much back into the batteries?

I traveled down that hill 2 other times with more load (my wife and myself rather than just my arse).

4. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Why don't you crack open the fuse and see if the link sheared or is blown (melted) on the end.
    Should be fairly easy to see.

Martin

Ask a Question