Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ADT Focus 100D

ctardi

Feb 1, 2016
I've seen lots of discussion in the Archives here, so I'm hoping someone might have some knowledge about security systems.

We have purchased a building that has two ADT Focus 100D systems installed in it. Through renovations we have broken a couple boxes and now those points obviously lost comms with the system.

We have a 5 figure quote from an alarm company, but since this system is still operational I want to find out any info I can on if this is still a usable system.

Does anyone know if it can be programmed with a keypad, or if it has to receive it's instructions via phone line from ADT?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I've seen lots of discussion in the Archives here, so I'm hoping someone might have some knowledge about security systems.

We have purchased a building that has two ADT Focus 100D systems installed in it. Through renovations we have broken a couple boxes and now those points obviously lost comms with the system.

We have a 5 figure quote from an alarm company, but since this system is still operational I want to find out any info I can on if this is still a usable system.

Does anyone know if it can be programmed with a keypad, or if it has to receive it's instructions via phone line from ADT?
Almost all units can be programmed for 'local alarm' only and can be programmed with a keypad. Programming requires an 'installer' password that must be either cleared or provided to you.
I've had very poor experience with alarm companies though and have come to consider alarm companies to be the modern Mafia. They may bend the truth a little to get you into a monitoring contract which is usually just as expensive, if not more-so to get out of than just continuing to pay someone an absorbent fee to wait for an alarm to pop up on a screen somewhere...

ctardi

Feb 1, 2016
Almost all units can be programmed for 'local alarm' only and can be programmed with a keypad. Programming requires an 'installer' password that must be either cleared or provided to you.
I've had very poor experience with alarm companies though and have come to consider alarm companies to be the modern Mafia. They may bend the truth a little to get you into a monitoring contract which is usually just as expensive, if not more-so to get out of than just continuing to pay someone an absorbent fee to wait for an alarm to pop up on a screen somewhere...

That's more or less the response I was expecting, but hoped someone knew something I hadn't read already. Monitoring is pointless as we will have 24/7 security on site, but it's almost cheaper to go with a monitoring contract to get them to do the programming on this system.

I couldn't find proper manuals to wipe out the installer password, ADT won't give it to me of course, and even finding a programming pad for a system this old is more than a bit of a challenge.

Thanks for the rsponse though! At least out of this I found an interesting forum to start browsing. :)