Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Adding sdcard slot to an amp

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
So i googled microsd pinout on google and it comes in two: sd mode and spi mode

May i know the difference first pls??

Then can you tell how hard it is to do my thought after??

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
have you googled those 2 modes yet ? :)

Dave

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Based on your other threads you are in WAY, WAY, WAY over your head with a project like this...

Why does your amp need a data storage?

What do you think you are going to do,record sound? Play sound? Record the temp? Record volume levels? Trust me none of those are trivial task, all require an extensive knowledge of microcontrollers, files systems, file headers, as well as serial protocols and SD card protocols to name a few things... If you plan on using it for audio you are going to have to also design analog to digital converters or digital to analog converters and what not as well...

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
It is because im interested in amps that's why i always mod it..

I want my songs to be read in my sd card except from line-in port..

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I want my songs to be read in my sd card except from line-in port..

SDcards are flash memory data storage only, they are not sound recorders or players, they are just storage memory...

As I said based on your previous post this is beyond over your head at this point, there is so much involved it would likely require an entire book to be written for you to fully understand...

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
Wait i think you dont understand.. I saw many mp3 amps here sold with a memory card slot... So i thought of making one also..

I want my amp to read all the songs i have in my sdcard..

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Wait i think you dont understand.. I saw many mp3 amps here sold with a memory card slot... So i thought of making one also..

I want my amp to read all the songs i have in my sdcard..

Nope I fully understand, and replies like this confirm it's well above you current level of understanding...

Yes, some MP3 players have card slots so they can read data off a card, but there is A LOT more to doing that then just slapping in a card slot into something... There has to be an entire subsystem controlling the SDcard, reading the data and interpreting the data on that card, then converting it to music...

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
seriously difficult mate

you need a whole microprocessor system to control reading from the card as CC hinted at
MP3 players have pretty complex LSI micros in them specifically designed for the job.
if you were really wanting to do something, you would be better off modifying a mp3 player to fit it into your sound system in a more permanent way rather than having it externally wired

Dave