Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Adding hysteresis on a microcontroller

Esteban

May 24, 2015
So I'm reading a guide about using pic comparators with positive feedback to add hysteresis, the guide give you the equations that solved the voltage thresholds that are presented by applying positive feedback on the comparator peripheral. But I want to understand how does the author get it?.

I think this basics are important so I took some time to make my doubt clear on a pdf that I've uploaded in this post. If anybody could give me a clue about how to solve it would be awesome!

Tried to search solutions on the web but what I found was typical hysteresis circuits with op-amps working with dual voltage supply.

Attachments

• Adding hysteresis on compare pic peripheral.pdf
    38.4 KB · Views: 110

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
You simply monitor the output of the ADC and the program provides the "hysteresis."

wrighty

Aug 1, 2009
As the output of the comparator changes it also changes the reference voltage on the input and so giving hysteresis.

GPG

Sep 18, 2015
Tried to search solutions on the web but what I found was typical hysteresis circuits with op-amps working with dual voltage supply.
Single rail.
.The output of the (perfect) opamp can be Vdd or 0 The total difference is the hysteresis