Connect with us

ADC selection

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by Dawnlo, May 3, 2010.

1. Dawnlo

Dawnlo

May 3, 2010
    Hello,

Being new to this subject, I have some questions:

1. What main characteristics should be considered when selecting an ADC and what is the relevance of each parameter?

2. Can you give a summary of two different ADC architectures including how they operate and the type of application to which they are suitable?

Thank you

2. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    Why does it smell like a homework project?

---55p

3. Dawnlo

Dawnlo

May 3, 2010
    lol, I can send you the questionaire of the company if you like. But it's in french.

Oh, and I do project management, not electronics.

Thank you.

(I posted the same on several forums)

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  4. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    So it is homework, like I suspected. It belongs in the homework forum.

---55p

5. Dawnlo

Dawnlo

May 3, 2010
    Not quite.
    Doing a exam paper for a vocational shool and another for a company for entrance test. Posted it here to get answers from "professionals".

6. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    An exam paper for a vocational school is homework.

An entrance test is intended to measure your knowledge, not your ability to post questions to a forum and get people to answer things you failed to learn yourself. I guess I will help you with that. I only have time for one question right now:

1) ADC come in two varieties. Red and green. The red ones are hot, like chilli peppers. Green ones are bland, like beans.

Are you following me?

---55p

7. Dawnlo

Dawnlo

May 3, 2010
    Who said I was a student or an aspiring electronic engineer?

Is that what it takes to seek info on a foreign forum?

Helps a lot, thank you very for sharing it.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  8. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The point is, that each of those of us who have experience and have learned all this stuff, DO NOT want to use it to do people's homework. If you have homework, or an exam paper or an entrance test, then it is YOUR job to answer the questions.

I'm sure they want answers form you, not professionals.

No, it just requires an honest purpose. You have admitted to wanting to cheat on an entrance exam. Why should we help you?

9. Dawnlo

Dawnlo

May 3, 2010
    It is for them to be SET.

Since when could people get entrance/exam papers home and bring the answers back?

Is that how it is done in you country? I am not forcing anybody to reply. Somebody gave me links as he said the questions were too generic. I am following these links and then I have to translate it my findings. Is it my fault if most of the science related topics available on the net and that are more detailed are in english?

I am just helping out. The person in charge of it is not available. Sorry if we don't have the same facilities as you guys. If you see my other posts, you will see that I also request screenshots of a design on multisim.

You should come visit one day. Then only you can make your own judgement.

Don't just make assumption. I have already mentioned that I am not in your field guys.

Merci a tous.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  10. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    How can you possibly set an exam paper in a subject that you are not familiar with?

Your first post in this thread, for example, sounds just like a question one would put into an examination paper. I am uncertain how our answers would help you.

In any case, answering them here would simply then provide a resource for those taking the exam to read up on first -- again counter-productive.

I might have expected a question like: "Our company is looking for xxxxxx and we don't know how to interview for them. Does anyone have suggestions?"

Ask a Question