Maker Pro
Maker Pro

AdaFruit NeoPixel Ring - Chinese alternative ?

GamingAddict

Apr 26, 2017
I have dedicated lessions for electronics in another school, and we just started a new project: Each has to build whatever they like, and i went the Arduino way. I like stuff thats related to Audio and LEDs, so i just searched for some Audio Arduino projects, and came across this: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthu...vu-meter-b28e78?ref=tag&ref_id=audio&offset=3

It uses the AdaFruit NeoPixel Ring WS2812 with 5050 LEDs, An arduino and a few more components. The problem is that i dont really wanna order from Adafruit cause i have never ordered from them, and going chinese is alot cheaper. I found the same LED ring with the same WS2812 ICs and i have a question, if i order these rings, will they work in the project, or only the adafruit ones are compatible ?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
If they are using WS2812 LEDs, they will be compatilbe as long as you match up the 3 connections correctly.

Bob

GamingAddict

Apr 26, 2017
If they are using WS2812 LEDs, they will be compatilbe as long as you match up the 3 connections correctly.

Bob
Yeah, i tried to understand the circuit a little bit more by myself, and all the wires seem to be same on both rings, so ill just order them from aliexpress. While also choosing quick shipping, cause id like the parts to arrive asap.