Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Access Control Turnstile Gate - Need help with circuit

LegoLegs

Dec 1, 2015
Hi

I need help to make an access controlled turnstile gate work...... o_Oo_Oo_O (I have some electronics knowledge/experience, but not that much)

In theory I should have all the components needed to make it work - it is a salvaged turnstile...as far as we know all components are still functional, but unfortunately the wiring is non-existent....so the problem is to figure out how to connect everything to make it work.

The components we have are:

- Physical turnstile ("Walk through" type turnstile - I've attached a picture as an example, the one I have is only an older more square type version)
20114314380413.jpg
- Transformer (In - 220/230V, Out - 24V)
- 2 x "Solenoid" type components (See photos attached/below)
44.JPG
- Breaker with connection points
22.JPG
- 2 x 12V Relays (Hella 4RA 965 400-00)
- I have separate access control devices that can be connected to the gate once I have managed to figure out the gate wiring. I will be using ZKTeco SF300 devices, but they are easy to wire and connect, getting the physical turnstile wired to work is the big problem.

The end result I want is to basically connect an access control device to the gate (on each side - in/out) and then when someone swipes their card or press their finger (biometric access) the gate will unlock and allow the person to walk through the gate and then the gate will lock afterwards (obviously this delay is set in the access control device).

So far I have managed to connect 220/230V to the "breaker" and then also from there to the transformer - from there I have no idea how to proceed :oops::oops:

Thank you,

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
This sounds to me as a dangerous endeavor.
People are going to pass through that gate and electric safety regulations and approval are mandatory.
I suggest you contact the manufacture and let him "bring to life" and install that gate.
You don't want or need the responsibility of somebody getting heart...:eek:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Is it possible to get the wiring schematic from the manufacturer or Google it?
You seem to have most if not all of everything you need.
Typically these things work (yours at 24V and/or 12V) by whatever trigger device used to activate the circuit.
A signal is sent to energize a relay which drives a solenoid to open the latch mechanism on the entry gateway.
Depending on the type relay, the relay can remain energized while the activator engages the circuit, or more typically
the activator engages a time-delay-relay for several seconds, holding the solenoid 'open' position to allow the gate
(turnstile) to unlock and rotate. Then the TDR resets and the solenoid returns to the closed position, ready for the
next activation.