Connect with us

Accelerometer HELP!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by bilalarshad, Dec 16, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bilalarshad

bilalarshad

Dec 16, 2013
    i want to make chip ehich can fit in a wrist watch. the chip should contain an accelerometer with digital output and a usb port to transfer output to computer, can anyone help?

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi bilalarshad
    welcome to the forums :)

And do you currently have a intergrated circuit fabricating plant to make something so micro-miniature ?

Dave

3. bilalarshad

bilalarshad

Dec 16, 2013
    hi davenn, thanks for reply, well im an entrepreneur with an idea and i want to implement it, just need an electronics expert who can guide me through. I am willing to take risk and invest in this

4. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
  5. bilalarshad

bilalarshad

Dec 16, 2013
    thanks for the info KrisBlue, I know that product like these are available, what i want is this - i want wrist watch sized chip developed which detects motion and converts it in the form of points which shows up in the little screen fitted up in the chip, the more motion you do, the more points you get, It will be cheap as it will not contain android or 3g.
    Now i have got a PC game developed and i want to transfer those points to the game, so the chip should be such that it can get connected to the PC and transfer the saved points.

Hope you can help in this. :)

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    its pretty clear that you have no idea of the compexity of what you want to achieve

something like this isnt going to be designed or built by anyone outside a hi-tech micro electronics design and fabrication house.
    Its miniature size restrictions and functions would require large amounts of design finance and would be something that would be done by places for example in Silicon Valley, USA or say Japan

I really suggest you aim for a project that is more within the grasp of the electronics hobbyist :)

cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  7. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    Yes, I was being facetious when I said "Piece of cake", hence the :-/ emoticon!

I agree with davenn. You would have to approach a large microelectronics organisation and wave a BIG wad of cash under their noses.

8. bilalarshad

bilalarshad

Dec 16, 2013
    what if i stop caring about its size, i just want a rough sketch of this thing, the circuit and all, i have got financers for this project.

just a blue print, without caring about its size, please

9. bilalarshad

bilalarshad

Dec 16, 2013
    "i want wrist watch sized chip developed which detects motion and converts it in the form of points which shows up in the little screen fitted up in the chip, the more motion you do, the more points you get,
    Now i have got a PC game developed and i want to transfer those points to the game, so the chip should be such that it can get connected to the PC and transfer the saved points"

10. bilalarshad

bilalarshad

Dec 16, 2013
  11. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    Hmm. You want something that has an accelerometer, a display, and a bluetooth interface, and is user-programmable. Have you considered using a smartphone? I already suggested an Android-based wristwatch. That sounds like a very good option to me.

Why would you want to do your own hardware design? Do you have any idea how much development is required to make a workable smartphone or smart wristwatch? Both hardware and software?

I can't understand your attitude. You have no idea how to approach the project, yet you think you'll be able to create something better than an established, mass-produced product based on a stable hardware and software architecture. You seem to be living in a different world.

12. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    A small microcontroller and the ADXL chip should give you the basic data platform. You are talking about a display, those are also available in small sizes, depending on the resolution you want. A small IR, Bluetooth or Zigbee chip in addition, makes a Complete system for you, in a watch sized package together With a Power source.

Piece of cake?

13. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    Great idea gorgon. Now you just need to draw up a schematic for him.

14. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    :D NOT 'Piece of cake' (The irony lost in translation?)

Ask a Question