Maker Pro
Maker Pro

AC Power Supply and Power Connectors

leeb_965

Feb 5, 2012
Hi, I have recently purchased a 12VAC Power Supply and I have a 3 lugged Power connector with it. Can someone tell me what lug is what. The instructions dont say and I cant find it on the web. Theres 2 horizontal lugs and 1 vertical.

leeb_965

Feb 5, 2012
no its a small port with 3 soldering lugs on it, I think its called a jack socket

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
This is a DC power jack . It may have an integrated switch (one explanation for the three lugs). They come in different sizes (diameters).You will need the fitting plug for this jack.
The center tap is at the back of the switch. The side tap is one of the two lugs at the side. Measure the resistance from the center tap to each side lug separetely without having a plug plugged into the jack. Thus you find the normally closed contact. Insert a suitable plug and measure again. Thus you find the connection when a plug is inserted.

leeb_965

Feb 5, 2012
Not sure what you mean. No switches on it just 3 solder lugs, 2 horizontal lugs and 1 vertical

MrEE

Apr 13, 2012
this is a switched power jack. It is designed to allow for both battery and external power operation. Normally there is a path from the battery to the rest of the circuit. When a plug is inserted, power from the battery is disconnected. It is easy to figure out the connection by using continuity meter. Your power jack is probably the PJ-002A by CUI

See the data below:

http://www.cui.com/Product/Resource/DigiKeyPDF/PJ-002A.pdf