Connect with us

AC/DC adapter

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by lostsoul62, Dec 16, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. lostsoul62

lostsoul62

Dec 16, 2011
    I have a broken AC/DC adapter Model:333B (input:100-240VAC 50/60Hz output: 12VDC 1A) for a 15" Digital Photo Monitor that went out of Business so how can I replace it?

2. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi there lostsoul62.
    If the photo frame is dead why do you want to repair the adapter, and it depends on what your definition of broken is, i purchase a replacement. :)

PS, purchase a single or multi voltage 1 amp adapter, they come with changeable plugs, so will power other items as well.
    Look at plug in adapters, other electronic sites and stores also sell them.

http://www.esr.co.uk/electronics/products/frame_powersupplies.htm

Item:
    460-235 Universal 12Vac Adapter

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  3. daddles

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
    That should be fairly easy to replace; IIRC, Radio Shack sells a 12 V 1.5 A adapter for around $15; I put one on one of the electronic keyboards that belongs to one of the kids. You can do better if you want to do a little searching -- just browse the second-hand stores -- you can usually pick up wall warts for 25 cents to a buck. I've got a box full and have them indexed in a spreadsheet, so it's easy to find if I have something when I need it.

Oh, and you virtually always have to cut off the connector that's on the wart and solder on the old one. Make sure to get the polarity right. If you don't know, don't guess, as you could create more problems.

Ask a Question