Maker Pro
Maker Pro

About signals and systems

bhuvanesh

Aug 29, 2013
i heard often about sinusoidal signals . But i dont know where it is used and how it is used . How its being used in practical application . Plz explain me basically

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
One of the most well know sinusoidal signals is the AC mains in your appartment.

Sine-signals are used almost everywhere to carry information. Even non-sinusoidal signal can be represented as a sum of sine functions, that's called Fourier transform.

Apart from that, your question is much too general to give an exhausting answer.

eman12

Aug 24, 2013
i heard often about sinusoidal signals . But i dont know where it is used and how it is used . How its being used in practical application . Plz explain me basically

Hi,

A pure Sine wave is a SINGLE frequency signal (not harmonic), Hence is used in testing circuits/ home appliances and of cource in analyzing circuits. A sine signal has an equation hence for instance you can mathematically predict how it does act in say an FM/AM modulator! then when you designed the modulator you can inject it by sine waves and see if it gives you the desirable result in its output or not.