Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A thanks to this forum

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
Wasn't sure where this should go. I just wanted to share a few images of what this forum has had a major part in helping me build and say thanks, The images shared are from a public engagement residency me and another artist Tasha Whittle have just completed for ten days. We were put together as part of Manchester science fair and Tasha requested we build something that allows drawing to control sound. I'd already built 5 modules for my synth so I just needed an external surface which could provide control voltages. Initially we used piezo's that were amplified via a piezo conditioning circuit which you guys shared with me. We liked the system however it was rather erratic and was more percussion based than suitable for linear mark making. The system here uses two modules that are pressure sensitive I lent the idea from Thomas Henry's design on drum pads using conductive foam between copper. The synth is finished to a degree, there's a space left top left which will probably be another LFO, I need to work on making the power distribution more robust and still need to make a PSU, however the latter is probably best left until I'm much better at building and I'm looking into someone building me one so I have one to refer to during the build. Anyhow, this is where i'm up to and just wanted to say thanks and share some pics. one.jpeg two.jpeg three.jpeg

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Interesting setup. Good to hear you got all this up and running in time for the show.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks works both ways though..... you'll be surprised at how many people took an interest in your project (me for one) and derived a level of 'pleasure' from reading the threads!

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
Thanks. Tasha put some images and videos up on instagram under our project name Coatic Sequence wasn't sure if electronics point has presence there but we tagged this forum alongside the work so others may find their way here.

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
"I've always found these art/tech fusion projects interesting. We had an annual art tech festival at one of the colleges I attended."

Me also. Initially the project was formed as part of a PHD students research (Manoli Moriarty) at Salford University. His research is around symbiotic relationships and collaboration. He found it particularly interesting that this forum was also a collaborator in that my learning of electronics and advice needed along the way has come from here, a hidden collaboration per se. Initially I was a bit freaked out on here as my learning is open to the public, now I see it as really important. Anyone can google search and find how I got support here and can see what steps were taken along the way. I'm based in Manchester UK, there is really interesting things happening here with hack groups and madlabs trying to cross polinate ideas with artists.

Did you get involved in the Art/Tech festival at your college?